- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- BA / BS degree in finance, business, economics or a related field
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member in our AWS Sales & Marketing FP&A team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our fastest growing business division within Amazon. As a Financial Analyst, you will work closely with finance leaders to develop financial models and analytical insights to assist in evaluating new business concepts, turning insights into operational measurements, and identifying and identifying paths to improve overall planning and forecasting process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Create, improve, and maintain financial metrics, reports and scorecards used for month end reporting and operating plan cycles.
- Collect, analyze and manage quantitative data to create meaningful analyses and models that drive business decisions.
- Lead processes to facilitate month end financial close
- Partner with FP&A stakeholders across sales & marketing finance to raise the bar on commentaries and variance analysis
- Partner with finance technology partners to streamline reporting infrastructure and automation.
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or related field
- Analytical, financial modeling and reporting skills required
- Advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
- Passion for diving into the details of productivity metrics and cost measurement including ROI
- Exceptional business judgement capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused and pragmatic approach
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.