- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
This role will be supporting a nationwide business unit and could support from a few different locations.
This role could potentially be located in the below areas:
- Davenport, FL
- Norristown, PA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Phoenix, AZ
- Las Vegas, NV
- Rockford, IL
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to lead others, work fast, and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the FC improve and create new measures for site productivity
- Advanced reporting and analysis using Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience * 1+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles * Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis * Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result * Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital * Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management * Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making * Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us