- Bachelors degree with 3+ years of executive administrative experience or 10+ years of executive administrative experience
- 1+ years of experience with Outlook, Excel, SharePoint and Microsoft Word.
- Event and team morale planning experience.
- New hire onboarding and team space planning experience.
Amazon.com is seeking an exceptionally talented, customer service obsessed, resourceful and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support a VP and his team as part of the Lab126 hardware organization. The Lab126 hardware team is a fast-paced and rapidly growing part of Amazon.
A day in the life
As an Executive Assistant, you will work in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with leaders (at and outside Amazon) is important, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction seamlessly and handle multiple tasks at once.
About the hiring group
An important key to our success is building and maintaining healthy relationships across the various organizations, some of which are peer organizations, some who are internal customers, and some who we rely upon for foundational building blocks and technologies we integrate into our products. A big part of your job will be to understand the complex organizational structure and strengthening our relationships and collaboration with adjacent teams. So, as you begin to meet people and establish your network it's important to foster strong relationships of trust and cooperation, and to build up a good "map" of how the various teams and leaders fit together.
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment. The right candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining great flexibility and a sense of humor. The candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and bias for action, be customer-service oriented and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Having great organization skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice will ensure success. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation
- Create a detail travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones).
- Complete and file expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
- Initiate and manage purchase orders.
- Drive team activities (including staff meetings agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics).
- Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, audio conferences (international stateside and local) and video conferences.
- Close collaboration with departmental EA peers.
- Responsible for all space planning activities within the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Project/program management: Support annual operational planning process, business and financial planning, and performance review cycles.
- Serve as a business partner ensuring strategic, proactive and thoughtful support of the business cycle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Strong organizational and communication skills, team orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills.
Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
Must demonstrate passion, enthusiasm, and have a great sense of humor in the role.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines.
High level of integrity and discretion.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation