- Bachelor degree in business, information systems, accounting, finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in operations or IT internal auditing, risk management, or compliance
Amazon is seeking a Risk Manager to support the Finance Operations (FinOps) Controllership and Self-Inspection team at Amazon. We’re looking for someone who can take lead in understanding complex FinOps processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. This individual will ensure FinOps processes stay ahead of risks associated with process design, internal control effectiveness, computer system integration, and other relevant areas.
Successful candidates must be eager to dive deep into processes and have a proven record of delivering meaningful risks and recommendations to the business. The candidate should have outstanding auditing skills, problem solving skills, systems and process knowledge, and a passion for customer service. Specific core responsibilities are below:
- Perform risk assessment of the services and functions in FinOps
- Perform end to end audits, including scoping, fieldwork, and reporting.
- Evaluate design and effectiveness of FinOps controls
- Evaluate policy and process exceptions
- Provide trainings that improve and raise the bar on controllership with respect to policies and other requirements
- Support external regulatory and statutory auditor requests
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Risk management experience (performing assessments, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks)
- Professional certification (CIA, CISA, CPA, PMP etc.)
- Experience with SQL, ACL, Alteryx, or other data analysis tools · Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Big 4 accounting or consulting firm experience