- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in project, construction, or base building management
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon operates a world-class network of technologically advanced fulfillment properties across North America, EMEA, Japan, and India. The rapid growth of Amazon’s retail and Fulfillment by Amazon businesses requires continued expansion of the network on the largest scale of any other user in the US. Our growth in the years ahead will continue to be historic.
The Construction Project Coordinator will be a critical member of the Engineering Services North America Customer Fulfillment team and will be responsible for assisting with the Construction Management for our fulfillment locations across North America. They will be responsible for successful implementation of Amazon and industry best practices while tracking and managing schedules and budgets, support various data collections requirements while demonstrating achievements through metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and value creation.
The Construction Project Coordinator will work virtually, supporting this remote organization. Travel to locations may be required as needed to support various initiatives and responsibilities. Territories of responsibility may include the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Australia, Singapore and select international locations.
- Provide administrative support for Regional Construction Managers on large-scale projects and daily tasks
- Compile and organize project updates, details and schedules in a reportable format
- Engage with key stakeholders, including Developers and General Contractors, for project support, project reporting and related tasks
- Interact with internal stakeholders, customers and partners
- Compile pertinent metric information and publish to program leadership on a weekly basis
- Act as the central hub for managing changes affecting the different programs supported. This includes but not limited to attending North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF) change management meetings, staying connected to project activity in the field and communicating issues to the wider program network
- Perform all responsibilities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Travel up to 20% domestically
- Experience as a project engineer or manager in a construction management setting
- Experience with working remotely in a virtual environment
- Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish processes, workflows, standard procedures
- Self-starter that is able to identify opportunities and drive solutions
- Entry level competency in support of a full range of construction management/administrative tools and best practices
- Comfortable operating in an extremely fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Excellent problem solving skills with diverse stakeholder groups
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.