- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or Business or equivalent experience
- Experience leading, complex programs with significant change impact across organizational boundaries
- Analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing, and auditing work.
- General compensation knowledge required including compliance with the state and federal laws that apply to the plans.
- Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
- Project Management experience
The compensation partner, supporting Amazon Consumer businesses, should possess senior-level experience developing and administering compensation programs for large scale and growth based organization that has complex and matrixed structures. Ideal candidates will have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion to create programs that contribute to the growth and help manage programs at scale. The ideal candidate will be adept at developing and communicating strategy while still rolling up their sleeves to get things done.
Key Strategic Objectives
.Partner with senior business leaders along with their leadership teams to develop and implement compensation strategies for hourly employees and lead activities to meet growth goals and foster innovation
. Hands on leader with a proven track record of transforming financial processes
. Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, and stock compensation.
- Ensure that we organize to deliver across orgs, while still maintaining the unique solutions required by the operations organization
- Understand current state of systems and processes and develop gap analysis between current state and customer requirements
- Partner with peers to further develop Amazon employer brand and Amazon employee value proposition
- Be comfortable operating at speed to ensure forward momentum, fast iteration and incorporate new learnings. Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Build and maintain operational and process excellence mechanisms
Position location is flexible for the right candidate; Amazon has a variety of corporate office work locations across the US, including Austin, TX, Arlington, VA, Nashville, TN, New York City, NY and Seattle, WA.
- Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization
- The ability to work independently, take on responsibility and be comfortable in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal skills — including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently