- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years of experience in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing in related industries like retail and consumer packaged goods
- 2+ years of experience in organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
Interested in working on an innovative and high-impact business that is changing the way customers think about grocery? Amazon is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, and motivated individual to join the Amazon Fresh Stores team.
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store designed from the ground up to offer a seamless grocery shopping experience, whether customers are shopping in store or online. We’ve taken our decades of operations experience to deliver consistently low prices for all and FREE, same-day delivery for Prime members. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood; plus our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. We’ve also introduced new ways to make grocery shopping more convenient, including the Amazon Dash Cart, which enables customers to skip the checkout line, and new Alexa features to help customers manage their shopping lists and better navigate our aisles.
The Category Manager will engage directly with multiple internal and external teams to optimize the product offering in their subcategories. This person will lead multiple facets of a retail business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, marketing/merchandising) and identify growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and executional level across all aspects of the business. The Category Manager will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such as merchandising, buying, pricing, inventory management, operations, online marketing, and finance to drive category performance.
The Category Manager will have accountability for the business results of their product subcategories. The Category Manager’s direct responsibility will be to manage business performance including setting category strategy, curating product selection, developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, developing promotional programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The successful candidate will have strong customer experience intuition, combined with business and product sense. This person should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The candidate should be a team player, communicate persuasively and be able to influence internal and external stakeholders of all levels. High judgment, analytical talent, and understanding of Excel will be essential to success in this role.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and processes, take ownership, and drive results
- Experience negotiating, managing external relationships, and working cross-functionally
- Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- SQL proficiency
- Experience delivering initiatives from conception through completion of large-scale projects and/or using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- SQL proficiency proficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us