- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in business analysis or comparable analytics position
- SQL and ETL Experience
- Understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality
Are you an organized, analytical, and process minded innovator who enjoys working with customers to solve problems with data? Our team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join the People Analytics, Innovation and Research (PAIR) team, supporting four distinct Amazon businesses including: 1) Devices & Services, 2) Prime Video & Studios, 3) Advertising, Music, & IMDb, and 4) Corporate & Business Development. The team is a collaborative group that enables our workforce to make informed people decisions. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we seek to leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their team members to propel the business forward.
A day in the life
- Work closely with HR and Recruiting teams across the globe, building on your strong analytical skills to support multiple teams with regular production of metrics and analytics that are meaningful and scalable.
- Use your skills in ETL, automation, and data visualization to provide actionable insights for our teams.
- You will provide leadership to ensure that our metrics and analytics are produced and are aligned to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Develop and maintain recruiting and workforce metrics & scorecards for leaders in supported businesses
- Conduct and present statistical analysis, such as regressions, chi-square testing, and confidence intervals.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses
- Provide ad-hoc or special project data analysis to recruiting and business leaders that enable them to achieve their goals, drive decision making and create new strategies where necessary
About the hiring group
The PAIR team enables on-time reporting and scientific inspection of our supported organizations from a human capital perspective. We recognize the value of healthy organizations and seek to quantify them in order to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Interview stakeholders to gather business requirements and translate them into data and analytic requirements for software development engineers and data engineers
- Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs to calculate business metrics
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
- Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries
- Identify and recommend opportunities to automate systems and tools
- Learn and understand a growing range of Amazon data resources and discover how, and when to use which data sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience applying visualization tools such as Tableau, AWS QuickSight
- Experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience managing and leading a business intelligence team
- Programming experience in Python, R Shiny, C++ or other language
- MBA or MS degree
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams