- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments.
- 3+ years of experience in data mining and data-set preparation using SQL.
- 3+ years of experience with QuickSight, Tableau Desktop or other relevant data visualization software.
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment.
- Ability to distill complex customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives and performing the analysis to drive insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To expand that mission, we’re now helping businesses and other institutional buyers purchase the products they need at Amazon, through a fast-growing initiative known as Amazon Business (AB). After a successful US launch in 2015, we have achieved a $10 billion annualized run rate in 2018 and are working to move faster and better satisfy current and potential business customers. Our aim is to be the world’s best procurement provider for institutions of any size in any area that we serve.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer , you will work with our Sales team to create analytical tools that will ultimately be a key driver in driving the growth of the company. You will leverage our data to drive operational efficiencies, provide key data-driven insights, enable new opportunities and innovate on behalf of business customers. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we capture new customers and delight our existing ones, and you'll have a lot of fun along the way! Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the next generation data & analytics infrastructure to enable Amazon Business to support its customers and sales teams
- Generating actionable insights through the development of metrics, dashboards and deep dive analyses
- Providing customer insights as new initiatives are being identified, prioritized, implemented and deployed
- Serving as a business metrics guru and insight provider in the organization
- Manage and execute entire components of large projects from start to finish including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
- Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language
- Familiarity with Amazon's AWS services including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift.
- Experience conducting large scale and complex data analysis to support business decision making.