- Bachelor/Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance or engineering.
- Working knowledge of SQL, python or scripting languages.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, Micro Strategy, PowerBI, etc to build automated reporting / dashboards.
- Working knowledge of advanced Excel features, such as pivot tables, v-lookups, and macros.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and detail oriented candidate to help build scalable, predictive and prescriptive business analytics solutions that supports AWS Supply Chain organization. You will be part of the Supply Chain Analytics team working with Global Stakeholders, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, and Business Intelligence Engineers to achieve our goals.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with high attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Candidates must have excellent analytical capabilities, be comfortable diving deep into data, have strong writing skills, and communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and in meetings.
The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on retrieving and analyzing data but is a person who wants to be an active participant with a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end, proactively dive into issues as they arise, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers.
In this role, you will:
- Understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and processes.
- Retrieve, analyze and report necessary data from source systems and Data Warehouse.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables using SQL, and from log files by writing scripts (e.g. PERL, Python).
- Interface with Global Stakeholders, Data Engineers, and Business Analysts across time zones to gather requirements by asking right questions, analyzing data, and drawing conclusion by making and validating appropriate assumptions.
- Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems; identity root cause of business trends, formulate conclusions and recommendations; determine optimized plan of action to deliver comprehensive BI solutions.
- Identify and implement solutions to automate and streamline processes and analysis.
- Produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders to help shape solution design.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable and reliable analytical tools, dashboards, and metrics that drive key supply chain, and procurement decisions.
- Simplify and automate reporting, metrics and dashboards; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-serviceability by users.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- MBA with major in computer science, Analytics, Statistics, Operations or Supply Chain.
- 2+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Analytics (Procurement, Inventory Management, or Logistics).
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL, python or scripting languages, writing ETL jobs or other automation scripts.
Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for complex reporting