- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience with SQL
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical field (computer science, economics, math, or statistics or related)
At Amazon we strive to be earth’s most customer centric company and data is a foundational component to making this happen. In this role you will be responsible for navigating this wealth of data and turning it into actionable and insightful information for business partners in order to deliver better products and services to our customers. Our PAIR (People Analytics, Innovation and Research) team provides people metrics and insights along the employee lifecycle for Amazon Devices and Services, Business Development, Advertising, and Entertainment Businesses. The team supports the organizations that produce many of Amazon’s high profile and growing products such as Alexa and Prime Video. The team is a collaborative group comprised of Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Management that enables our workforce to make informed people decisions. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we seek to leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their team members to propel the business forward.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Business Analyst.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with HR and Recruiting teams across the globe, building on your strong analytical skills to support multiple teams with regular production of metrics and analytics that are meaningful.
- Use your skills in analysis and data visualization to provide actionable insights for our teams.
- Successful candidates will have experience in large corporate environments, very strong analytical capabilities and the ability to influence with data-driven recommendations, and excellent problem solving abilities
- Run recruiting and workforce metrics & scorecards for leaders
- Provide ad-hoc or special project data analysis to recruiting and business leaders that enable them to achieve their goals, drive decision making and create new strategies where necessary
- Gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources
- Build and maintain strong partnerships across HR and the business
- You will understand the challenges of working with analytical platforms globally, keeping the data security and regulations in mind. You are a team player, skilled at driving consensus through a data-driven approach and mentoring junior team members. You are eager to learn the latest technologies and know when to apply them.
- Knowledge of basic data visualization techniques (scatter plots, fit lines, bar charts, time series, etc.)
- Knowledge of common data modeling techniques
- Knowledge of a data science programming language (R Shiny and/or Python)
- Knowledge of QuickSight
- Knowledge of basic to advanced statistical techniques for hypothesis testing or prediction (Correlation, Regression, Logistic Regression, ANOVA, Chi-square, Confidence Interval, etc.)
- Experience applying time series forecasting techniques (ARIMA, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.