- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, industrial engineering or operations research
- 3+ years experience in data science/analytics
- Experience in writing SQL queries and mining databases
- Advanced knowledge in building visualizations in Tableau
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
**POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER BELLEVUE, WA, ATLANTA, GA OR NASHVILLE, TN**
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Line Haul is looking for a talented Business Analyst who will own analytics and develop solutions to drive insights and optimization for Network Planning and Forecasting. As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to be a thought leader in Amazon Logistics and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, research scientists, software developers, and business leaders to design the Amazon network of the future.
This position requires excellent analytical thinking, ability to quickly approach large ambiguous problems and apply analytics, technical and engineering expertise to rapidly analyze, validate, visualize, prototype and deliver solutions. This position also requires significant cross functional work and integration with transportation, tech, operations and finance. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment
As you further your career as a Business Analyst at Amazon, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will analyze performance data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve decision making. We are focused on your success and want to build strong leaders within Amazon Transportation Services. You can expect to leverage your analytical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
- Perform complex data analysis to identify opportunities to reduce fulfillment costs as well as improve efficiencies and customer experience
- Design, develop and establish KPIs to monitor analysis and provide strategic insights to drive growth and performance
- Ability to perform/own reoccurring and ad-hoc business intelligence projects
- Develop standardized metrics to evaluate and benchmark pertaining to short and long term network planning and forecasting
- Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Masters Degree in Analytics, Supply Chain Engineering or related field
- Experience in supply chain, transportation planning
- Advanced knowledge in scripting with R and or Python
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
- Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.