- JD from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar
- At least 2 years of attorney experience
Are you looking for new challenges in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department! Every day across the world we are developing the ideas, products, and services that make life better for tens of millions of customers. From providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices, Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
We’re looking for a talented attorney to help support our Alexa Everywhere business. In this role, you will counsel the Alexa business on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters. You will provide day-to-day input on an array of business and legal questions, working with the business to address complicated policy questions, comply with regulatory obligations, and resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships. You will also be responsible for drafting and negotiating software licensing and other key agreements. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- Prior in-house experience
- Product, privacy, and regulatory experience is extremely helpful
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication, and client interaction skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor