- Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 1+ years of experience of building machine learning models
- Experience in Java, C++, Python or related language
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Machine Learning Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Alexa Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Deep Learning, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Natural Language Processing (NLP), in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
Our Machine Learning Scientists, work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language. Your work will directly impact our customers in speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. Candidates can work in Seattle OR Sunnyvale.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in deep learning, speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.
- 2+ years experience in building models for deep learning, speech recognition and natural language processing systems
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard deep learning, speech and machine learning techniques.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Solid software development experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Women/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation