- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
The Alexa Artifical Intelligence (AI) team is looking for a top Applied Scientist who can build new products and help us take our products to the next level using multimodal conversational and embodied AI.
A day in the life
As a Applied Scientist in Alexa AI, you will perform the duties of a Research Scientist, and also be expected to be strong at implementing the algorithm.
About the hiring group
Our mission is to produce value to our customers and delight them using state-of-the-art technology. You will be part of the team who will invent the future and provide magical experiences to our users. Amazon is the most customer-centric company in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and goal-driven people to work on interactive multimodal learning touching language, vision and audio.
- Research, design, implement, analyze and evaluate novel algorithms for human robot
interaction using multimodal deep learning
- Be driven by business goals by applying scientific methods to deliver customer value
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms, contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property and
publish at top-tier conferences
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive Amazon scale, real-time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 1+ year of Hands-on experience in ROS, deep reinforcement learning
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- 1-4 years of industry research experience in relevant area
- Experience in fast prototyping, involving deep neural networks
- Hands-on experience in TensorFlow
- Experience in practical considerations such as model distillation, compression
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Services such as AWS
- MS + 3yrs or PhD in computer vision, machine learning or related experience
- 2+ publications in top-tier computer vision (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV) or machine learning
(such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML) conferences
- Broad knowledge of deep learning and state-of-the-art in computer vision, multimodal
- Excellent hands-on experience in PyTorch
- Excellent scientific problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with senior
management, colleagues, the open source community, and academia