- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years equivalent pharmacy loss prevention/diversion management experience
- 2+ years of experience in pharmacy asset protection, analytics and insight, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, supply chain management, or logistics.
- 2+ years’ experience with MS office professional Suite, including excel
- 2+ years’ experience with executive level written and oral communication skills
- 2 years’ experience data collection for problem solving and root cause analysis
The Amazon Pharmacy- Loss Prevention Team has an exciting opportunity for a Medication Diversion Manager (MDM). This position will provide innovated analytics and insight in creating analytical tools to identify medication diversion. The MDM will be involved with the development of medication diversion education, prevention, monitoring, and reporting. The goal of this role is to keep our patients, employees and organization safe by preventing and detecting possible mishandling or diversion of controlled substances, and to support the appropriate responses. Significant collaboration and coordination with the Pharmacy Loss Prevention team, including key partners in Compliance, Human Resources, and Legal. The work of this position will directly impact Amazon Pharmacy corresponding responsibility success around preventing loss and enhancing the patient experience.
- Develop a program to rapidly identify and respond when medication diversion is detected. This includes working with internal and external partners on education and training being the subject matter expert.
- Develop tools, protocols and templates for improved Medication Diversion identification.
- Establish and maintain an effective, multidisciplinary drug diversion awareness & education program for pharmacy staff as appropriate for their respective work scope.
- Research industry trends and best practices for relevant DEA, Board of Pharmacy, FDA, and other relevant regulations, and standards.
- Audit and analyze risk metrics for Amazon Pharmacy to identify emerging risks, institute controls, and monitor controls.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the management team regarding emerging risks, status of risk assessments, and control performance
- Independently manage projects as assigned
- Experience with varies business types such as, logistics, warehouse, distribution center,
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience beneficial such as Wicklander and Zulawski, LPQ, CPP, LPC, CFI or other certifications is a plus
- Experience with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc
- Experience with accreditation standards, DEA, FDA, URAC (and other) regulations
- Experience in medication management compliance and diversion prevention.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.