- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a business intelligence, engineering, or business/data/statistical analyst role
- Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, and PowerBI
- Competent SQL skills and experience in joining/cleansing datasets from multiple sources to build data pipelines
- Skills in scripting languages such as Python or R
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
The AWS Solutions Architecture Customer Engagements team owns products and tools that AWS Solutions Architects (SAs) use to build, discover, deliver, and measure tens of thousands of hands-on learning experiences like Workshops, ImmersionDays, and GameDays each year. These engagements build our customers’ understanding of AWS Services through exploration and interactivity, in turn, building confidence and driving adoption of AWS Services. Our systems improve the quality and effectiveness of hands-on events, reducing preparation time and making the events more impactful for customers. Our team is small and curious: we’re accepting of new ideas and we work out how to implement them to delight customers. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who enjoys working with data to show the impact that our systems have. The role skillfully delivers crucial data sets in a reliable and sustainable way, and develops analytic insights that are foundational for our strategy. The insights are used to lead decision making regarding resource allocation, program effectiveness, productivity analysis, employee development, customer satisfaction, and business impact. Consumers of these insights will include individual Solutions Architects, SA and Sales management, and AWS senior and executive leadership.
You will work with Product Managers and other stakeholders to elicit requirements and desired business outcomes, to ensure that clear business needs are the starting point for our engineering and data work. The successful candidate should also have a technical proficiency in ETL, SQL, Tableau/QuickSight or other data visualization tools to be self-sufficient in data retrieval, transformation, cleansing, analysis, and visualization. You should be driven by a deep curiosity of data, willing to dive deep to understand and be passionate in socializing business impacts driven by data.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Experience designing and enforcing data security models and protections
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture, service endpoint design
- Familiarity with Salesforce data reporting
- Experience using the AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis, Athena, Glue) or equivalent technologies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.