- 8+ years of software development and/or solutions architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- 5+ years of hands-on designing, architecting, and developing cloud-native solutions
- Track record of implementing cloud solutions in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solution Architect with strong software engineering builder skills and a passion for architecting solutions that accelerate our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) customers' ability to innovate on our platform. Core to Amazon’s DNA is our methodology around executing experiments and prototypes to find the quickest way to prove new ideas, technologies, and business models in a real-world environment. The Senior CPG Solutions Architect will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, AWS Professional Services teams, and AWS Partners to develop and promote cloud best-practices and repeatable mechanisms for our customer's benefits, and help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid customer adoption.
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architects, customers, and partners to identify strategic use cases and build working prototypes and demos
- Create repeatable mechanisms for our CPG customers for rapid adoption of AWS services
- Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns to promote re-use with the worldwide AWS SA community
- Share insights and lessons learned with AWS Service teams to contribute to the continual improvement of AWS platform and services based on customer need
- Prepare architecture and design briefs that outline key features and decision points and provide prescriptive guidance to customers
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Prior experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods or Retail industries
- AWS Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements and software engineering fundamentals
- Technical depth in areas of emerging technology such as IoT, AI/ML, Serverless compute, Data Analytics