- 10+ years of business development, sales, or program/product management
- Must have experience in the Music & Radio industry.
Are you a builder? Do you want to build our business and increase the reach of cloud computing in the Music industry across the world? Do you have the industry background, commercial aptitude, technical understanding, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Music & Radio industry? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
AWS is looking for a seasoned Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting Media & Radio Entertainment industry (audio streaming, traditional and digital radio, live music, record labels, music distributors, music publishers), and is passionate and capable of driving market development worldwide for AWS. The WW BD Music & Radio leader will work closely with our WW Publishing BD lead, as well as M&E Geo BDs and other WW M&E BDs to help drive market development across the segment globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud-computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the media partner ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include working with tech and business leaders at key customers in the industry, engaging strategic partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable Music/ Radio workloads solutions, developing & messaging our Music/Radio value proposition to our customers, and supporting the creation of significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will engage closely with AWS account teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS M&E Geo BDs, other AWS M&E WW BDs, Tech Specialists, Partner, Consultants and Marketing teams to identify and promote AWS offerings for the Music industry. You will also work closely with the AWS Product & Services teams as well as Partner teams to help evolve Music & Radio proposition running on AWS for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level within the Music & Radio industry, and a good strategic technical understanding to be able to position the AWS platform for the industry. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across organizations to deliver results. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and self-reliance is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive AWS market and technical strategy for the Music & Radio industry worldwide, audio streaming, traditional and digital radio, live music, record labels, music distributors, music publishers, etc.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan for the industry and ensure it is in line with the AWS Media & Entertainment strategy worldwide, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, business development, partner, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Analyse customer adoption lifecycle, identify and engage new customers and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Develop collateral for customer messaging and internal stakeholder training.
- Build, track and grow business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers identify their cloud adoption challenges and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Understand the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach across Music & Radio segment.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Represent AWS at industry events.
- Passion for Music & Radio industry, with strong understanding of how the industry operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystems.
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across cross-functional, remote and virtual internal and external teams.
- Technical knowledge of common Music & Radio industry workloads; including music production, supply chains, distribution, streaming, supply chain, and related IT/technology systems such as databases, networking tools, analytics and data processing systems.
- Technical knowledge of how cloud solutions that enable Music & Radio workloads.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions.
- Experience driving 1:many sales motions to Music & Radio customers in need of cloud-based technology transformation.
- Business or technical leadership experience within a Music & Radio organization.
- Education - an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
- Experience with deploying Music & Radio solutions using AWS services to deliver business outcomes.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for state of California.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.