- 7+ years of work experience in the enterprise sector in technology-enabled consultative, business development, solutions, and/or transformation roles.
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise customer digital innovation or digital transformation.
- 2+ year of experience with business architecture – systematically mapping customers’ business needs back to specific technical solutions.
Would you like to help our customers innovate like Amazon – and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services to help drive innovation? Would you like to be part of building a fast-growing program to worldwide scale? As Worldwide Lead, Customer Build for the Digital Innovation program, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help enterprise customers deliver their most innovative solutions using the AWS Platform.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that Amazonian PR-FAQs generated by Digital Innovation engagements become solutions that AWS customers take to scale. One part of this role is to work with Digital Innovation Specialists and AWS Solution Architects to turn PR-FAQs into requirements and reference architectures for development by customer teams, AWS Partners, AWS Professional Services, or AWS Envision Engineering teams. The second part is to develop repeatable mechanisms to do this at scale with high quality, notably rapidly matching customer needs to known AWS or Partner solutions. You will ensure that we have detailed knowledge of each solution developed, represented in standard documents captured in a repository – notably, what AWS Services were used, who is building the solution, description/goal of the solution, and anticipated end-customer value. You will look for patterns across multiple customer solutions and work with solution teams to develop baseline technical assets that can help cut the time to realize innovations on AWS.
You will be architecturally-minded with a passion for mapping customer business needs to AWS and partner offerings. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial enterprise technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. You will work closely with the global enterprise and industry business development teams, and regionally-based Digital Innovation Business Development teams. You will work with AWS prototyping teams, industry solution managers, account-based Solution Architects, solution builders, and technical/ solution BD teams. Additional cross-functional collaboration typically includes marketing, legal, partners, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams.
You will need a background in digital innovation or transformation, demonstrated experience in business architecture and developing go-to-market programs, enterprise and/or industry sales or business development experience in growth-oriented roles, and a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives (including excellent program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, and a strong data and metrics bias). They will have a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Deep and broad technical understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% primarily in the US with some global travel.
- 10+ years of work experience in the enterprise and industry markets. Breadth and depth in multiple industry markets and industry ecosystems.
- Working knowledge of the AWS services and their relevance to the enterprise and industry workloads.
- Passion for enterprise market – a deep understanding of how enterprise operate and the unique characteristics of large and global enterprises.
- Additional specialized technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software-defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with the ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies.
- Operational excellence mindset and experience. Data-driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Ability to multitask and manage a portfolio of cross-functional programs and projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Education - technical background in Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired.
- MBA or equivalent.
- Deep enterprise technology and solutions experience, including infrastructure domains such as computing, storage, databases, and applications domains such as corporate enterprise applications, and business applications.
This position can be located at any of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.