- Experience with the Media & Entertainment industry
- 7+ years of business development, GTM, and/or related transformation roles working with M&E customers.
Want to be part of a cross-functional team engaging directly with Media and Entertainment customers, helping deliver segment strategy, planning, and go-to-market at AWS? Do you have the media industry background, commercial aptitude, technical understanding, passion and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in Media and Entertainment (M&E) industry?
AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business and technology trends impacting Media customers, and can influence M&E customers to develop digital transformation strategies, drive migration initiatives, and innovate. This BD leader will work closely with cross-functional teams (Migration, Transformation, Innovation, Greenfield, DNB, SMB, Services) and drive business and technical relationships to create significant new opportunity pipelines. They will adapt existing horizontal Go-to-Market (GtM) motions designed to benefit M&E customers, and enable our AWS Sales teams to more effectively take advantage of our horizontal programs to drive their day-to-day interactions with key M&E customers.
The right candidate will have experience interacting at the highest levels of M&E companies in working cross-functionally to adapt GtM programs to meet the needs of our M&E customers. They will have a proven record of meeting business objectives, excellent program and project management skills, be customer-obsessed, keen sense of ownership, collaborative team-player, strong ability to use data in decision-making, and a passion for helping companies get started using cloud to achieve business goals. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the experience to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of our M&E Specialist team, working directly with our Horizontal Program Go-to-Market (GTM) and Service teams to drive broader market awareness and opportunities leveraging our Migration/Transformation/Innovation and other horizontal programs to benefit our M&E customers worldwide.
- Develop GTM and strategy plan leveraging our horizontal programs to benefit our M&E customers; including adapting horizontal program GTM collateral, partnering with AWS field teams, marketing, field enablement, and consulting partner channels. GTM elements may include consultative workshops, customer proposal and offer development, internal and external marketing collateral, POCs, incentives, target customers, success measures, internal stakeholder training, etc.
- Build, track and grow business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS for Media & Entertainment thought leadership.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach across M&E customers.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- The right person will have business acumen, will be technical and analytical, and possess a significant business development experience in or selling to M&E customers.
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Excellent team player and able to navigate cross-functional teams with a win-win seeking disposition.
- Business or technical leadership experience within a Media and Entertainment organization.
- Education - an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of AWS Services highly desired.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for California.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.