- 3+ years of experience with enterprise scale infrastructure or
- 3+ development-based cloud programs/projects
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise IT or have prior experience working
- 5+ with or managing technical programs
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the Commercial Envision Engineering team, you will be responsible for leading prototype engagements from discovery through transition to demonstrate the 'art of the possible' to your customers in the Southeast Region. You will partner with the regional Sales and Solutions Architecture team members to develop a strategic plan to engage with customers. From there, you will lead a team of Envision Engineering Solutions Architects in defining prototypes, planning and development, market fit and sizing, documenting the path to production, and ultimately support the customer transition.
You will interface with the customer and AWS leadership, driving collaboration between the other core account groups (Sales, Solutions Architecture and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, Partners, and customer teams, planning and supporting prototype development. You are encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership on customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of AWS/Amazon to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customer’s challenges through new ideas, tools and mechanisms.
You will have to demonstrate a strong bias for action and ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The TPM is responsible for ensuring that the team is developing innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs, proactively communicating the teams' plans and accomplishments and ensure alignment with the customers, own the team's execution of the solution roadmap, including the user stories, experience design and rapid delivery in an agile environment.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, negotiate and lead virtual teams. Your enterprise cloud experience and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers for adopting them. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions through prototypes and driving innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (“STEM” majors) or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging at both the executive and technical levels
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Direct experience implementing AWS services
- Thorough understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery and/or IT life cycle.
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- AWS or other cloud certifications
- PMP and/or SCRUM/Agile, SAFE certified