- 3+ years’ experience editing technical content
- A degree in English, technical communication, or a related field OR 4+ additional years’ experience editing technical content
- Copyediting and proofreading experience
- Experience working in PowerPoint, addressing layout/formatting needs, or equivalent
- Project management skills, including experience juggling multiple projects at once, setting schedules, and prioritizing work
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Accomplished technical editor sought to edit high-quality content for AWS events, including conferences, summits, re: Inforce, and re: Invent. This role works to ensure that best practices and content standards are upheld for public-facing materials that teach the industry about the AWS Cloud platform and help customers navigate all aspects of the cloud journey.
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to be a part of the AWS event program, which supports a wide variety of event content. You will edit highly technical internal- and external-facing event materials, such as PowerPoint presentations, titles and abstracts, website content, and creative assets. You will work closely with the team’s other technical editors, AWS subject matter experts, and content managers as well as with stakeholders on the larger Global Events team who are responsible for planning and executing on events.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience editing content for technical audiences and the ability to drive consistency and unity across content deliverables. You will understand customers’ needs and how to act as a customer advocate. You will have experience with PowerPoint formatting, layout, and template design or equivalent experience editing content while also addressing layout and design needs. You will have experience editing in a corporate environment and with juggling the needs of internal and external stakeholders as well as style and branding guidelines. Finally, you will have solid project management experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to learn new tools and processes quickly, and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Strong preference for this role to be in Seattle, WA, but also open to SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Atlanta, NYC, Boston and Arlington, VA. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Copyedit technical event materials, including PowerPoint presentations, titles/abstracts, etc.
- Ensure correct and consistent use of AWS style, branding, service/product naming conventions, and legal and messaging requirements
- Collaborate with other technical editors, content managers, speakers, and content creators
- Work directly with speakers on last-minute changes to content in high-pressure environments
- Manage all aspects of the editorial process on individual editing assignments
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Proficient grammar and rewriting skills
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering high-quality results
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional global organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience editing technical content
- Experience editing marketing content
- Experience editing in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation and creativity in problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.