- 2+ years of experience in a fast paced customer support or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems.
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
- Working knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing and security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
- High School Diploma
AWS Trust & Safety provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. AWS Support team helps AWS customers in securing data and preventing fraudulent activities.
As an AWS Trust & Safety Associate, you'll help respond to customer e-mail and support cases, interface with AWS Developer Support Reps, and represent AWS as you interact directly with our Developer community to resolve support issues.Our Abuse Investigation & Prevention Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third parties on the Internet. Also, the team will be responsible to eliminate a wide range of online risk for SES.
The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP and email deliverability space. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. The team acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools.
AWS T&S Responsibilities (includes but are not limited to):
- Quickly assess customer issues in order to provide accurate support
- Work with other AWS teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Assume responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about AWS specific products and features
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to handle or escalate critical customer issues
- Act as the Voice of the Customer by reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement while actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer
- Assist with customer communications and support during AWS critical events
- Manage their queues effectively by working and moving cases/tickets to relevant departments and providing required follow-up
- Drive projects that improve support-related functions and processes
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, etc.
- Work all reported case types such as Email Deliverability, Spam Email, Port Scanning, DoS etc
- Take action on abusive/non-responsive customers (applying throttles when applicable)
- Verify proper classification of incoming abuse reports and investigations requests
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a computer science related field
- Network+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Security+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and features
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.