- 6+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience with operational parameters and troubleshooting for three (3) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) to support our customers in multiple locations including Annapolis Junction, MD, Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA, Denver, CO, and San Antonio, TX.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
Upon application you will be asked qualifying questions that will be used only in relation to the US Government Security Clearance required for this role.
At AWS Enterprise Support we’re looking for a TAM to support a creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Big Data, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and ‘voice of the customer’ to organizations.
As a TAM, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of cloud services, use of cloud service including virtual servers, software defined networking, SQL and NoSQL databases, and API driven architectures. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs, support and risk management.
You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively keep your customers’ AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS. This position will require the ability to travel 10% or more as needed.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,600 - 160,000[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Sign-on payments, Clearance Bonus, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role 7+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Experience in Informational Technology operations
- Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s) Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment
- Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.