- 1-3 years experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- 1-3 years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems
- 1-3 years of experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments
- Experience working with automation tools
- Experience with BASH/Powershell/Python/Ruby or any other scripting language
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world's most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking top industry technical experts to grow our team dedicated to building and maintaining AWS services. In this role, you will focus on supporting AWS Config, AWS Kinesis, and AWS RoboMaker.
We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer skilled in the art of integration who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how “things are usually done" and is willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. If you are passionate about AWS Technologies, Operations, Networking, Linux, and Automation then this role is for you!
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
Harness your drive to learn and implement solutions to some of the world's most complex cloud computing problems. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
Our Systems Engineers spend time:
- Investigating new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers
- Take a proactive approach to maintaining service health by investigating performance outliers through metric analysis and log diving.
- Increase service knowledge by diving deep into its architecture to better understand system configuration and dependencies.
- Study and learn aside some of the industry's top experts on cloud computing.
- Expanding regional coverage for some of Amazon’s most critical services like AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS Systems Manager, AWS Kinesis, and AWS RoboMaker.
- Launching our services from ordering hardware to software deployments.
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Supporting the U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies to implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess a TS/SCI security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements. A Day 1 start is contingent on a successful clearance crossover.
Role can be based in Herndon or Arlington, VA.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Should Arlington, VA be selected, this role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- 1-3 years experience with cloud computing technologies
- 1-3 years experience with load balancing technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- Performance and log analysis experience
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.