- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5+ years’ experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Server
- 3+ years’ experience with relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
AWS Security is looking for a professional to join its systems engineering team to oversee the operation of our physical access control system (PACS) as well as help us automate a sustainable and robust architecture for future growth. Do you enjoy reverse engineering and diving deep on issues? As a systems engineer, you will be responsible for the overall health of our service and provide excellent customer service to our partners. You will create availability and health metrics, monitor performance, perform regular system maintenance, and architect innovative solutions for running a PACS in a large distributed environment. You will automate routine tasks enabling the team to be quick and agile. You'll be looked to as an expert in system automation. You’ll work closely with internal customers to help define requirements and see those requirements through to delivery. You should enjoy digging deep to find answers, sometimes this will require reverse engineering existing solutions, a situation you thrive in.
This position will require participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 3+ years’ experience with a Physical Access Control system (Lenel, RedCloud, etc.)
- 3+ year scripting experience (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- 1+ Years’ experience with Linux systems administration and or development
- Experience in 24/7 online environment
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, VPC, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Proven experience creating documentation for production systems
- Proven experience creating end-user training and documentation
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.