- 10+ years of experience in the technology sales, partner management, business development, product management
- Experience in business-to-business (B2B) software, including Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
- Experience working for a SaaS company and/or building a partner ecosystem with solutions or innovation programs
- Experience managing joint GTM initiatives with technology partners, including development and tracking of joint sell-with and sell-through business activities
- Verbal and written communication skills with experience articulating concepts to cross-functional audiences
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world-class leader to join our team and accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud computing services worldwide via partner solutions. As a GTM Alliance Manager for a Strategic Technology Partner, you will lead the partnership GTM engagement. This role will be a Subject Matter Expert for the assigned partner and their solutions running on AWS. The individual will be familiar with and help in the creation of GTM programs, will effectively leverage other AWS resources to help in the co-selling process, and will engage directly with the AWS and Partner sales teams to drive field enablement, field alignment and incremental joint opportunities. You will also own the overall GTM co-selling goal including AWS-sourced opportunities, will be measured on incremental revenue through their assigned partner, and will be responsible for managing the opportunity pipeline health and reporting metrics.
We are always looking to improve and we also recognize there are many ways to lead and partner. We’re looking for a Think Big leader with diversity in thought who can add to our company skillset by bringing their unique industry knowledge and creativity to our organization. At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, Diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs and is passionate about customers. We will coach the right fit.
You are an accomplished leader with a strong background in selling technology, experienced at influencing innovation with technology partners and with the presence to engage executive decision makers. You will have strong business development, product management, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. You can demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes.
AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses, and partners are using cloud technologies from AWS such as AI and Machine Learning, IoT, security services, compute and storage to dramatically accelerate innovation.
- Together with the overall alliance team, define and execute a plan to help our most strategic technology partners transform and grow their businesses for SaaS and Cloud.
- Orchestrate different resources within the AWS organization to support co-selling and GTM activities and create/ maintain a long-term, scalable joint GTM model that drives partner and customer success.
- Collaborate with sales and partner teams to qualify, develop, and execute campaigns to generate new business opportunities in North America.
- Be the "Go To" resource to ensure key high-profile joint sales opportunities are sourced, developed and closed.
- Drive sales execution across activities, including coordination of lead generation-related and joint sales enablement activities between your ISV partners and the AWS field organizations.
- Lead regular pipeline reviews to ensure pipeline information is thorough and accurate according to AWS’ sales cycle stages. Hold business reviews with both ISV and AWS sales teams to identify best practices and lessons to be learned.
- Broker internal resources, tools, references and/or investments needed to execute on the business plans in order to help meet the set goals.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor engineering or business, or above degree. MBA is a plus
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Directly sold, supported, or marketed to clients and partners across different market segments
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to develop scalable programs
- Project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving timely deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Willing to travel to meet with partners, customers and internal stakeholders, attend events and support field teams on site
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and other sales and marketing tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records