- 12+ years in a sales environment working with teams on structuring of strategic, complex, and/or competitive opportunities, with customer facing experience in a solutions oriented capacity
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent work experience)
Do you have an aptitude for working with customers in competitive and complex sales opportunities? Analyzing customer requests and creating innovative business to address these? Taking complex scenarios and simplifying them to fulfill customer outcomes? Building consensus across broad stakeholder groups? Then AWS has an opportunity for you!
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking an individual for the Deal Team to support the rapid growth of the AWS Americas business. You will be specifically responsible for working with our customers on commercial private opportunities to meet their desired business outcomes while ensuring alignment with AWS business objectives. You will be involved in the critical phases of the Deal Cycle (Strategy, Structuring, Negotiations, and Closure). The ideal candidate will have customer facing experience, be a proven collaborator across internal and external stakeholders, and be a high business judgment individual.
Partner with broader internal team and work with the customer to help set objectives, analyze key and ensure executive alignment on the strategy for the opportunity. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy to meet the outcomes desired by our customers and our business.
Understanding the desired business objectives and creating a competitive commercial deal structure that maximizes the value of the opportunity. This includes analysis of the historical purchasing patterns by the customer, and understanding of AWS programs that can support achieving customer’s business outcomes.
Experience with customer negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal and associated contractual business terms.
Will be able to bring the commercial deal to contractual closure, including briefing senior management and managing and coordinating all of the internal and customer stakeholders
This role is based in North America.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial strategy and deal; partners in the execution of the sales cycle (strategy, structuring, negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive commercial opportunities.
- Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles in order to achieve desired business outcomes
- Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within internal and external stakeholders and promptly resolves any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interactions.
- Cultivates best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
Works with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as required
Strong analytical and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
- Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
- Knowledge of AWS products and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent required, other languages a plus
- Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us