- 7+ Years industry experience
- Experience engaging with C-Level executives
- Experience working with Senior Executives
- Experience with financial modeling, business modeling, and analytics of large companies
- Experience working across internal and external organization
- Experience implementing product and organizational change at prior organizations in a consulting role
- Previous experience running facilitated workshops with senior executives and driving outcomes
Come and join Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we redefine the IT Industry. We are building a business that has the potential to be at least as big as the Amazon.com retail business and are seeking world class candidates to contribute to this effort.
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on helping partners implement new cloud products and business models by engaging with C-level executives, IT Professionals, and influences at all levels? Can you take complex, existing business models and simplify them to a core set of business drivers and financial models that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying ROI, business value, benefits and helping companies drive organizational change and new product lines? Do you have the business background, technical depth, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon and our business partners as the leaders in cloud computing?
As a Partner Transformation Consultant within AWS, you will assist AWS partners to reshape existing products and services around cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners to build or transform their business to deliver high-value solutions to our customers. You will do this by engaging with Partner Executives, facilitating workshops, and driving to a particular business transformational outcome that includes new business models and staffing plans. You will need to gather relevant data to build compelling ROI models and be able to guide executives through changes that need to be made by supplying quantitative evidence.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the Business Development activities with top tier consulting partners and managed services providers supporting AWS Sales/Partner teams. You will serve as an expert resource on financial/business modeling and economically related partner engagements. You will also be responsible for designing facilitated workshops that drive topical outcomes (new service brainstorming, cost modeling, organizational change management, etc.), as well as helping top tier partners create long term sustainable AWS services.
You will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive executive engagement and buy-in at the highest levels of established partners. The candidate will have technical depth and prior business consulting experience to quickly communicate the economic benefits of building an AWS Cloud Practice, or specific AWS service offerings such as Managed Exchange, Disaster Recovery, or Managed Big Data services. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of large consulting organizations and managed service providers. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT business, data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, and be capable of creating detailed cost and ROI models for these environments running on AWS.
Please note, will consider candidates based near an AWS Hub, including Seattle, Bay Area, HQ2 (DC area), NYC, Boston, Chicago
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Partner Business Development team in helping drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers through our Partners.
- Work with AWS Partner Sales & BD teams, drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our partners.
- Contribute to the development of a standard ROI framework and new spreadsheet models to be utilized by the AWS Partner team.
- Create market insights into partner business practices and the common issues in building an AWS practice
- Work with internal stakeholder to communicate market realities regarding partners evolving needs
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team
- Design Facilitated workshops and exercises that include data collection, data analysis, consensus building, and organizational buy-in.
- Productize select use cases like Hosting Migrations for our partners and build accurate models (economic and enablement) around these use cases
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 10+ years in industry experience in a global technology or consulting company
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Cloud or other IT experience with managed service providers
- Big 4 consulting experience or equivalent with PE or strategic advisory firms
- Executive level facilitator
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.