- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study OR 4+ years' relevant professional experience
- 4+ years' experience, specifically in startups and/or virtual events and/or tech community programs within physical spaces
- 4+ years of experience with end-to-end program management and digital campaigns
- 4+ years of experience managing data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- 4+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, and similar systems, to manipulate and analyze data and for driving campaign outcomes
For marketers who like to invent, there’s no better place to build than on the AWS Startup Marketing Program team. This high-performing team team drives global programs that aid in supporting startup entrepreneurs from conception through exit/IPO. We work backwards from our customers’ ever-evolving pain points and develop technical, business, and community programs that address their challenges.
One of our key programs is the AWS Startup Lofts. The AWS Startup Lofts are global hubs (virtual and physical spaces) where startup founders and developers gain access to events and workshops, meet 1:1 with AWS startup experts, and build their startup while working in our co-working space– all at no cost.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, data-driven program manager who’s passionate about building global community programs for startups. You will own the physical startup hub in New York City, along with the Virtual Loft program, and build and manage a portfolio of startup events, digital campaigns, and initiatives that drive significant value for our customers. For each initiative, you will invent concepts, work with stakeholders to drive concepts to programs, work with field teams and partners to bring initiatives to market, and use data to evaluate, audit, and inform our decisions to keep, to expand, or scrap programs that are no longer working.
The ideal candidate is self-directed, comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, able to think big while paying careful attention to detail, is operationally and data focused, and acts to explore their curiosity on services and tools that build community, deliver an impactful experience for in-person and online visitors, and help startups accelerate their businesses on AWS.
This role is based in New York, NY. Relocation to NYC only.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute end-to-end marketing programs and events for the AWS Startup Loft hubs (virtual/in-person), which drives multiple touchpoints for our customers.
- Identify, select, and help create experiences that help set a foundation for a strong, lasting customer relationship and promotes a positive, memorable experience for in-person, virtual, or hybrid engagements.
- Manage the day-to-day operations (hours of operation, supplies, food & beverage, etc.) and budget for the physical NYC Loft, along with managing a small, but scrappy, support team and a number of facility vendors. You will also manage the budget for the Virtual Loft program.
- Establish policies and procedures to maintain safety for in-person participants throughout the facility, including emergency procedures / action plans and incident reporting.
- Strong collaboration with cross-functional teams across the entire Amazon organization and with external partners.
- Build, develop, and manage the program roadmaps and metrics for your portfolio of initiatives.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail with the ability to be clear and concise in all internal and external messaging,
- You have broad experience in end-to-end, scaleable, and metrics-driven marketing programs, which includes email marketing, lead management, execution of marketing events, workshops, and other marketing-based skills along with skilled in event systems tooling.
- You have experience in managing large budgets along with managing people, which includes vendor management, hiring, opening POs, forecasting, and reconciliation.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.