- Bachelor’s degree AND 5+ years of program management experience OR 7+ years of program management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
- Experience in core tech and non-tech project management disciplines to include scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
- Experience effectively managing, influencing, negotiating, and communicating with business partners and internal teams on project/program performance
- Experience engaging with C-Level executives, senior executives, and working across internal and external organization
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world.
As a Strategic Program Manager, you will be a key member of the Partner Strategic Projects team, supporting the team to execute on partner strategic projects. In this role, you will own the execution and project management of strategic projects by collaborating with cross-functional work stream owners and reporting progress, updates, challenges, and solutions to leaders.
Close partnership with leaders and organizations outside of your immediate team will be essential, as you will compile project/program data that will influence decisions at the senior level in AWS. You should have advanced writing skills, communication, project & program management, analytical and organizational skills, and a passion for structured change.
In this role, you will manage highly complex initiatives, across organizations, leading both technical and non-technical team members. This role must manage deadlines, risk, and communicate effectively to cross-functional stakeholder teams and leaders. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with an operational focus to implement efficiencies and programs at scale. You will need to develop and iterate on processes while managing many initiatives simultaneously.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI.
- Serve as a key member of the Partner Strategic Projects team in helping drive strategic projects by collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to define program scope, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop milestones to ensure timely completion of programs and strategic projects
- Work with cross functional groups including AWS Partner Organization, Business Development, AWS Products, and Solutions Architecture to build mechanisms and interlock as part of strategic projects
- Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans within strategic projects that have clear and measurable ROI models
- Track, monitor progress, and define key performance indicators or success metrics by program/projects, and be able to report on status against program objectives
- Manage a portfolio of projects, its resource allocation, and prioritization to improve measured performance
- Partner with senior leaders to identify, define, and execute various process improvement and innovation projects
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations, measure performance, provide feedback, and hold project leaders and teams accountable for their project’s performance
- Demonstrated experience in core project management disciplines including managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, communications and risk and critical path management
- Effective written and verbal communication to leadership and peers
- Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale projects using project management tools
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders including business metrics, goal achievements, and overall health of business
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.
- Experience implementing product and organizational change in a consulting role
- Previous experience running facilitated workshops with senior executives and driving outcomes
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Understanding of the cloud ecosystem
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.