This role can be based in the following locations:
- 5+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with large-scale, enterprise applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience
Come build the future with us! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills. In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge. You will make a big impact through your passion for educating, designing, and building cloud solutions across a diverse portfolio of technologies. Your understanding of large-scale computing solutions, enterprise technology adoption patterns, and past experience with cloud technologies will allow you to regularly engage in deep-dive discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones in this fast-paced environment.
As a trusted customer advocate, the Global Vertical Solution Architect (SA) will develop the technology strategy for one of our largest global enterprise customers in a complex and multi-faceted environment. You will interface with both senior executive leaders and cloud architects on a daily basis to build relationships and enable them as cloud advocates. You will help the customer design advanced cloud-based solutions, implement cutting-edge technologies, adopt cloud best practice designs, and migrate existing enterprise workloads to the cloud. You will partner with various AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that solve customer business problems, build mindshare, and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with the sales team, you will drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth across a wide portfolio of industries.
The ability to connect technologies to measurable business value is a critical skill for the SA role. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges and articulate technical solutions to solve those problems. As part of the broader SA community you will capture and share best practices with your peers, generate internal and external technical content, and participate in hiring activities to grow the community.
Open to traveling 25-40% domestic with some international.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- 3+ years of experience working with global customers in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role (consultant, solutions engineer, solutions architect, etc)
- AWS Certifications, with Solutions Architect Associate or Professional highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a high degree of comfort dealing with CxOs, IT Directors, Enterprise Architects, and development teams.
- Demonstrated experience building large-scale architectures involving public cloud platforms and on-premises technologies to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of cloud technologies in the areas of operational management, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and risk/compliance frameworks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.