- 10+ years of technology sales and sales management experience
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven track record of hiring and developing talent and building teams
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest Media companies like Comcast Corporation (owners of NBCUniversal and Sky), Disney, WarnerMedia, Fox, News Corp, and many others.
The Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry is under unprecedented transformation, as companies rapidly digitize and stream content to interact with consumers in ways never before thought possible. AWS is actively investing in this space and is looking to help M&E customers create and distribute content and interactive experiences faster and easier.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with these types of Companies? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leader in M&E?
Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market awareness in this market segment. This includes developing and accelerating the most effective go-to-market strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise account managers with engagements at the CXO level.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in leading technical sellers, who work as part of a broader team with solution architects, customer solution managers, industry specialists and more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads a broad team of account managers who manage business units of significant size, depth, and complexity specifically focused on the M&E Industry.
- Continues to hire and build out a high performance enterprise sales team with cloud technology and M&E industry expertise.
- Ensures clarity in assignment of sales territories / managing goals, pipeline development, and ensure proper training and enablement programs for the entire sales team.
- Builds a team culture focused on long-term strategic customer relationships, ensuring AWS’ customer obsession culture remains at the forefront of team’s focus.
- Aligns multiple stakeholders and lines of business in and across the M&E account that require complex decision making, including multiple company executives across both the customer and AWS. Role requires influencing and orchestrating sales activities and teams across geographies.
- Deeply understands the opportunities within the M&E customer and their business needs and finds new ways to articulate these as commercial constructs. Represents customer needs and helps define product requirements to improve adoption and overall customer satisfaction.
- Negotiates critical relationships within the M&E account, suppliers or other external partners. May act as the escalation point for non-standard agreement terms, including need to employ higher level management to help close agreements.
- Operates with significant autonomy, taking actions to resolve problems on behalf of their team and/or issues that are impeding the business. Regularly provides learning and expertise that influences broader M&E industry cloud adoption.
- Interacts with senior management or executive levels to gain support for items that require escalation while writing convincing and professional documents that require limited direction on matters of importance to company or customers, reviews and provides feedback and coaching to members of the team for the same.
- Builds credibility with, earns the trust of, and influences VP client contacts and internal stakeholders.
- Influential with executive-level leadership. May be required to speak externally or otherwise evangelize AWS platform, services and customers across the M&E industry more broadly.
- Moderate travel is expected.
The role requires a proven track record of successfully growing adoption of new technologies for developers, and engaging with executives, engineers, and other leaders within large companies. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of business and technical experiences that enables them to understand problems faced by the world’s largest and most successful Media companies. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, then build and convey compelling value propositions that address customer needs. Ownership, drive, scrappiness, and a love of media are additional keys to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with producers, engineers, and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
With a preference for New York or Los Angeles, this position may be based near any US AWS office including: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles Metro, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York Metro, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Washington D.C (Northern VA), Tempe.
- Ideal candidate will have this experience with Media & Entertainment customers
- Direct field and/or management experience in working with M&E developers and engineers
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- Extensive customer network in the M&E industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong C-Suite engagement skills
- Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within developer accounts
- Knowledge of on-premise utilization by M&E companies
- A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) would be preferred but not required
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.