- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Program Management experience
- Track record of successfully managing programs from start to finish
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- This role can be based in either Seattle or New York City.*
Are you a Program Manager interested in having a global impact on how AWS customers adopt cloud technology? Would you like to help large enterprises beginning on their AWS journey establish a solid foundation for rapid, expansive use of the AWS platform? At AWS we are building an initiative to help enable and on-board AWS customers. You will partner with Worldwide (WW) SA technical leader to lead this initiative and engage with WW Business Development, AWS service teams and regional leadership teams to plan the implementation, drive execution and communicate results for the initiative.
Specific responsibilities include the following:In this role, you will:
- Leverage your strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Collaborate with customers to gather requirements and feedback, define objectives and deliver results.
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to leadership and stakeholders.
- Host and/or facilitate sessions to deeply understand the impacts of system or process changes and aggregate feedback across markets, verticals and teams.
- Partner with tech leader and program sponsors to plan and execute program strategy and key performance indicators for our SA development efforts.
- Own regular business reviews with leadership and operational teams. Responsible for member engagement and recognition in the communities.
- Dive deep and analyze performance metrics, identify gaps, determine mitigation steps and implement them
- Deploy metrics to track progress against program metrics, report monthly on progress and define annual goals.
- Build and maintain documentation deliverables, dashboards and communication materials for portfolio programs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Come join us!
- Advanced degree in Operations Management, MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with standard methodologies via industry certification (e.g. PMP, 6 Sigma, ITIL, Agile, OpenGroup, IASA)
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT concepts
- Experience working with technical pre-sales teams
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technology concepts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.