- 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in marketing of technical products
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Marketer with great messaging and storytelling skills to develop customer-centric messaging, marketing strategy, and deliver engaging marketing experiences to drive AWS' leadership position in Global Infrastructure. AWS Global Infrastructure provides an extensive global footprint, designed and built to deliver the most flexible, reliable, scalable, and secure cloud computing environment with an extremely high-performing, low-latency global network. An increasingly important part of AWS' leadership in Global Infrastructure is AWS Local Zones, which customers can use to run applications that need single-digit millisecond latency closer to end-users in a specific geography. You will define the customer journey, develop core messaging and content, and build and execute marketing tactics that engage customers along their journey to AWS with a focus on AWS Global Infrastructure and AWS Local Zones. You will partner closely with AWS Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, and Partner teams.
Position may be located in Seattle, SF/Bay Area, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Own messaging and positioning of related services
- Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
- Develop detailed campaign project plans, creative briefs, and digital strategies, including campaign goals, messaging, calls to action, segmentation strategy, adoption campaigns, marketing distribution channels, and campaign schedule
- Define business metrics, measurement plan, and testing plan for related campaigns
- Work at both the strategic and tactical level to champion bold, creative ideas
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve our joint business goals
- Experience with cloud computing, cloud services, or contact center technologies
- Ability to grow sales, build new mechanisms, and solve customer problems by partnering across organizations
- Experience driving consensus and articulate recommendations to senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,100 - 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.