- 10+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks or 7+ years and a Master degree in Networking
- 7+ years’ experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
- Deep knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols and standards
- Deep knowledge of layer 2 technologies, including MPLS and Ethernet
- Technical degree required; Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience speaking publicly in front of large audiences
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand distributed application architectures and integration best practices and the consultative and leadership skills to lead a project to success? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills, business acumen and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to help your customers successfully leverage the Amazon Web Services platform to transform their business?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate the use of our growing platform within the Global Accounts segment of our business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a Senior Networking Specialist Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy and enable a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services by directly working with our key customers. Your responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate successful production deployment of specific projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies; and being a subject matter expert in networking solution areas.
As a Senior Networking Specialist Solutions Architect within the Global Accounts segment, you will provide thought leadership and exceptional technical design capabilities to your customers. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practices knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community as well as with our customers. You will also gain the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry across the breadth of enterprise computing architecture.
You will be part of a culture of innovation where you’ll use AWS services to help our customers rapidly get their products and services to market through continuous delivery of modern solutions that are highly scalable, resilient, and elastic. You will have the opportunity to design large-scale distributed networks, working through unique customer challenges leveraging the latest cloud services and solutions.
- Technical degree
- Practical experience with computer network security
- Experience with large-scale, distributed applications
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.