- BA/BS Degree
- 7+ years management experience
- 5+ years managing technical operations organizations supporting internal teams, partner and customers
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a Global Operations Manager to partner with global Solutions Architecture organization to define and execute against our strategic priorities for the business. This role will drive the strategic planning process, the annual and monthly rhythm of business. The ideal candidate has broad leadership skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to ensure the continued growth and success of the business and delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist in evaluating and forecasting attainment against goals, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
- Define and develop an operational model for a world-wide Solutions Architecture organization with a cross-functional team of leaders
- Manage all operational aspects for a world-wide Solutions Architecture team including program management and definition of world-wide processes
- Business planning, annual and multi-year- set up meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for the world-wide AWS Solutions Architecture team. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, participants, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans.
- Opportunity management- work with Sales and Solutions Architects to ensure opportunity tracking is executed effectively across the team for reporting our revenue influence goals.
- Goal/objectives tracking – work with managers to ensure we are on track for our goals and objectives, develop, and coordinate efforts for reporting and tracking.
- Define Business Requirements for Systems, Infrastructure and Operations necessary to support the world-wide Solutions Architecture Initiatives including metrics, survey systems, and other tooling.
- Develop Systems and Templates to manage the Solutions Architecture business.
- Support Strategic project plans to meet business goals.
- Assist in Analyzing and providing input as it pertains to forecasting, revenue and key metrics
- Collaborate with world-wide Solutions Architecture, Sales Operations, Billing, AWS Service Teams, etc. to assist in designing metrics dashboards to measure business and systems and processes required to operate the team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Experience effectively managing budgets and cost
- Professional skills in planning, accounting, reporting and communications
- Experience with complex spreadsheets and reporting tools
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
- Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills and experience
- Great versatility to work across all aspects of the world-wide Solutions Architecture team.
- Ability to build effective working relationship with sales, architecture, and sales operations teams
- Experience defining and implementing operations systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Detailed understanding of forecasting and actuals analysis
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role