- Has 10+ years of experience of project and/or program management within large-scale operations.
- Has 10+ years of building and developing high impact teams.
- Demonstrative experience of successfully managing and completing complex program implementations.
- Experience in managing multiple projects (program) at the same time across multiple geographies and time zones.
Amazon is seeking an experienced senior leader to support the growth of our AWS Partner Strategic Initiatives team. This is an accelerator program that builds AWS practice within large strategic consulting and tech partners. The role will be responsible for managing a start-up within a big company. The role offers C-Suite visibility and exposure with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will oversee a global initiative using their management and leadership capabilities to drive efficiencies across the program on a global basis, identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive aggressive growth outcomes for some of AWS’ most strategic partners. You will play an active role in developing future strategy for not only the initiative, but drive derived best practices across Amazon Partner Network. Additionally, the candidate will create and analyze project goals, and then driving AWS team members, stakeholders, SMEs and third parties to achieve those goals.
- Oversee the continued growth and success of global strategic initiative.
- Perform customer/partner needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing processes to support the expansion of virtual operations in multiple global locations.
- Conducts stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project needs and resource requirements.
- Manage Playbook updates and reporting of task and milestone completions.
- Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused project plans for achievement of key measures.
- Develop and manage project governance plans (e.g., QBRs, EBCs), project schedules, team goals and success criteria, and project milestones.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience working with Systems Integrators (SI) and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) to drive strong customer outcomes and new sales growth
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery.
- A proven track record of managing issues, risks, decisions making, escalations and the overall success of projects.
- Proven experience of engagement with senior executive stakeholders (including C-Suite).
- Prior direct sales experience, International field experience, and/or experience working with the Global 100
- Experience with complex bid and proposal processes
- Experience working effectively across different sales, business development, and technical teams
- AWS Professional Certification or equivalent knowledge of cloud technology business value.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.