- Minimum 10 years of experience acting in a Program Security Manager/Program Security Officer/CSSO/Facility Security Officer capacity in which duties required interpreting and implementing requirements within the personnel, industrial, and physical security disciplines.
- 10 years minimum experience with ICDs, NISPOM, and other government regulations related to classified programs.
- 10 years minimum experience working with physical security hardware, Intrusion Detection Systems, and Access Control Systems.
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, delivering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world to include the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC).
The AWS Security, Special Programs Group (SPG) is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing Amazon’s National Industrial Security Program (NISP). As a Sr. Program Security Manager supporting the AWS NISP, you will join a team of industry-leading security experts working with the U.S. Government to operate and continuously improve industry-leading security programs and processes in support of the IC Information Technology Enterprise. This position requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer obsession and a focus on quality and delivering results.
AWS Security is looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager Program Security with a strong track record of supporting security programs within cleared facilities, demonstrable program/project management experience, comprehensive program security knowledge, and a deep understanding of government security programs, processes, and requirements.
As a Sr. Manager Program Security at an accredited AWS site you will own the execution of multiple security disciplines in support of fast-moving classified operations and manage a wide array of projects designed to protect personnel, National Security Information, and critical infrastructure from insider and external threats. You must obsess over internal and external customers and successfully deliver support and services in an environment where priorities shift extremely fast. You must be able to operate independently to manage security projects, continuously triage and prioritize accordingly, communicate clearly and compellingly (without PowerPoint), THINK BIG and outside the box, and deliver exceptional products.
Key responsibilities of the Sr. Security Program Manager are:
- Responsible for providing comprehensive program security guidance concerning personnel, physical, operational, technical, information, industrial, counterintelligence, and computer security issues.
- Create, implement, communicate, and manage security requirements at a large, government accredited, multi-facility data center site while providing day-to-day multi-discipline program security operations support.
- Proactively identify program and physical security requirements, problems, and sound solutions to successfully sustain and enhance the security of program execution.
- Perform and/or support the operations and maintenance of security hardware and systems employed onsite to meet government and AWS security requirements.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal (operations staff, engineers, teammates, etc.) and external (vendors, contractors, government staff, etc.) partners to heighten security awareness and engagement.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret / SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience with a secure facility construction meeting ICD 705 requirements.
- Experience serving as a COMSEC custodian or alternate.
- Experience applying information assurance and information security policies and standards to include system administration tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of growth and increasing responsibility including senior leadership positions that require maturity, judgment, negotiation, analytics, and influence skills.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topic.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive program security projects independently.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and can learn quickly.
- Driven to provide your internal and the external customers with responsive and unparalleled support and you are dedicated to meet and fulfill the customer’s expectations
- Desire to step outside the box and your comfort zone to take ownership of projects and domains not in your range of expertise
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.