- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and other data analytics applications
- Experience with tools such as Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop (HBase)
- Expertise in OLTP and OLAP systems design and performance optimization
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Current hands-on experience with at least two coding and scripting languages e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting
- Experience consulting for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Experience developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
Are you interested in helping the Telecommunications Operators implement innovative Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Have you helped Tier 1 Communication Service Providers automate the deployment and life cycle management of products, services, and network functions on the cloud?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, High Performance Computing (HPC), batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, networking, 5G, Telecom Operations Support Solutions and Business Support Solutions.
This role will specifically focus on helping our customers and partners in specialization of AWS NoSQL Services (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Neptune, ElasticCache, Timestream and more). AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as DynamoDB, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), ElasticCache, S3, ElasticSearch, Neptune, Timestream and more.
- Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth programs and Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs and whitepapers as well as creating packaged data service offerings.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects to architect, design and build customer’s Amazon NoSQL implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing relational database systems to NoSQL databases.
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
- Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elasticsearch or other NoSQL solutions
- AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, Analytics or data sciences
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to earn customer trust and influence decision making at the strategic (CxO, VP) and the technical (Architect, Engineer) level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.