- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, or a related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise scale infrastructure or development-based cloud programs/projects in a related industry
- 7+ years’ experience in enterprise IT, either as a vendor, consultant or have prior experience working with or managing technical programs
- Ability to travel 25% to 35% as needed
- Ability to work in a diverse team
Sr. Customer Solutions Manager
Are you customer obsessed, speak cloud, and want to help customers build at unbelievable scale? Come join a collaborative and talented team, dedicated to helping customers achieve new possibilities leveraging AWS. As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sr. Customer Solutions Manager you will be responsible for helping guide AWS customers along their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this highly visible, role you will be ensuring that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
You will be a critical partner to our customers, leveraging your experience with large scale cloud transformations and helping shepherd them through their stages of AWS adoption. Guiding the customer through the operational, educational, and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
You will interface with customer and AWS leadership, driving collaboration between the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture, and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, and customer teams, planning and supporting major workload migrations. You will translate strategic initiatives in the account plan into executable actions, working backwards from our customers key milestones. You will manage cadence by leading the reporting and tracking functions along the way. The execution of education plans, roadmap to business outcome alignments, Executive Briefing Sessions, and go-live events and transitions are a few items owned by the CSM that are critical to the success of our customer’s cloud journey.
You are encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership on customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of AWS/Amazon to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customer’s challenges through new ideas, tools and mechanisms.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be aware of details that matter, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, negotiate and lead virtual teams. Your enterprise cloud experience and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers for adopting them. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions and driving innovation, and also be obsessed with contributing to the day-to-day management of the customers successful migration to AWS.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Direct experience implementing AWS services
- Thorough understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery and/or IT life cycle.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- AWS or other cloud certifications
- PMP and/or SCRUM/Agile, SAFe certified
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.