- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or a related field
- 7+ years of internal communications, training, or change management experience
- Experience creating digital content and written, video, or visual communications materials
- Experience developing creative, effective communication plans for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce and executing against them
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a curious, highly-intelligent, self-motivated and creative communications, marketing, and change management professional who is looking to apply their skills and experience in innovative ways. This role will be responsible for delivering high quality service to AWS' growing Public Sector Professional Services team.
AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team and there is an increased need for support in communications, intranet platforms, training materials, marketing development, and change management within the Professional Services team that supports their work. This includes enhancing our existing communication channels and discovering new digital innovations that enable us to make real-time updates, provide topical messages, and link our employees (past, present, and future) to the information they need and want to know. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a dynamic environment while continually evaluating whether prevailing strategies are delivering the impact needed to justify their time and effort across different customer populations. The ideal candidate would have several years in communications, marketing, or capabilities development, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is an opportunity for a creative, dynamic, and results-driven communications professional to add significant value to the AWS Public Sector Professional Services team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Create communications content that drives engagement with our AWS employees;
- Translate business needs into offerings and communications materials;
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies;
- Responsible for the creation of creative internal content and digital content
- Listen and bring awareness to online chatter (including across all intranet sites and inside existing tool platforms), then connect people to resources, escalate questions, comments or concerns coming from our employees;
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications through digital analytics, surveys, and other key performance indicators;
- Review and manage existing content libraries to determine opportunities to improve the learning and communications experience for our employees, ensure the content is current, relevant and that the best technology platform is used.
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills · Strong balance of creative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
- Possess a strategic approach to problems solving; able to anticipate potential issues
- Experience copywriting and editing documents and managing content/editorial calendar
- Technical aptitude to be able to quickly learn new technologies and implement blended learning solutions
- Basic understanding or experience with HTML coding
- Large meeting content planning and execution experience
- Graphic design experience or an eye for communicating visually a plus
- Experience creating and driving social media campaigns
- Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach and engagement
- International experience and/or experience working on cross-functional teams a plus
- Ability to apply adult learning principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning solutions
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage shifting priorities well
- Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.