- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a strategy consulting, planning, and/ or chief of staff role
For more than 13 years, Amazon Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 170 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure.
AWS’s WW Enablement organization is focused on empowering the industry’s most customer focused sales organization. To ensure that we can continue delivering on this goal, WW Enablement is transforming how we develop and deliver enablement and training.
AWS is hiring a Program Manager:
Strategy and Operations to drive business reviews, strategic planning, process improvement, and strategy programs across the WW Enablement organization. The Program Manager will play a highly visible role, ensuring that we land WW Enablement’s ambitious strategy. More specifically, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Designs and run mechanisms (WBR, QBR) enabling ETC to run its business predictably
- Drives the operational planning (OP) processes for the organization
- Develops business resource plans and allocates resources to business teams
- Manages agendas for leadership meetings and communication forums
- Advises sr. leadership team on opportunities to improve business strategy and operations
- Leverages connections and HR data to develop insights and action plans focused on improving organizational health
- Develops requirements for new processes and business systems
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our Amazonians enjoy mentoring more junior team members from all sorts of backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Amazonian.
We are also all about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds; we prioritize a building and maintaining an inclusive and welcoming culture. We’re looking for a new teammate who is emotionally intelligent, curious, motivated, and able to work effectively with diverse peers; someone who will amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Seattle, WA, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, and Arlington, VA. Relocation offered within the US to any of these locations.
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- A leader who can earn trust with Enablement Leaders. The right candidate will be able to earn trust with a variety of stakeholders. They will have empathy for WW ETC and field leaders, listen, and learn quickly. This trust will be critical as we work to up level ETC’s operating model
- A Strategic Thinker who can quickly learn to the needs of ETC’s. They will take a data driven approach to identify, prioritize, and solve high impact challenges for ETC.
- A leader who is operationally minded. The right candidate will have experience running business reviews, analyzing dashboards, driving action plans and coordinating cross-functional efforts.
- Industry experience in Enterprise SW and/ or data center HW
- Enablement and training specific expertise
- Proven experience working cross functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Proven experience managing tight and demanding schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirement