- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning
- Proficient in SQL working with large-scale, complex datasets from multiple sources
- Experience with data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Advanced skills in Excel as well as additional data visualization tools like Tableau, Amazon QuickSight or similar BI tools
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
Are you passionate about working with data, driven to dive deep, and eager to make broad business impact? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment and enjoy transforming data into actionable recommendations? Are you obsessed about customers and data, and are you looking for an opportunity to combine the two? Here’s your opportunity! To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services, the Americas Solution Architects (SA) & Customer Solutions Managers (CSM) organization has grown significantly in recent years. We are now building our Strategy and Insights team to help us operate at scale. This team is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and delivering insights from data and building tools that will help our SAs and CSMs serve our customers better.
We are seeking a professional who can operate with a startup mentality while partnering with managers and business leaders to deliver sound, data-backed recommendations and insights, identify areas of improvement and suggest and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, excited about data mining and generate insights that will influence the direction the Americas technical organization. You will be curious and comfortable digging deep into data and developing core metrics to identify areas of improvement and partner with the business to find effective solutions. You will develop new ways to measure and track our performance, and improve the customer experience by building robust technical and analytical solutions to help us better understand customer needs. You will empower data driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modelling, and analytical skills to define and measure metrics for evaluating health of the business. You will be able to extract, integrate and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports and dashboards to communicate your findings and leverage self-service tools to internal stakeholders.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Display flexibility to manage shifting priorities and influence in the face of ambiguity. You will help create critical business process for a rapidly evolving organization
- Enjoy developing solutions for technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for enabling cloud computing experts through your data products for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
- Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with technical teams or similar role to support the operations of the business.
- Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, visualizations, and dashboards to support business needs
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, QuickSight and Tableau skillsets
- Dive deep to understand frameworks utilized for storing data and different tools and solutions used to gain access to it
- Use data mining, data modelling ,data warehousing, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders in both ad-hoc forums and routine business reviews (MBR/QBR) to drive decisions
- MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments
- 5+ years of experience in a BIE or data engineer role with a technology company
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us