- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an analytical field - e.g. Economics, Operations, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or an in applicable social sciences field such as Criminal Justice or Law.
- 5+ years experience in identifying digital fraud or a related field.
Are you an expert in digital forgery and counterfeit documents? AWS is seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst for Digital Fraud to build mechanisms which will enable counterfeit and digital manipulation detection in a variety of digital documents, at scale.
You will leverage your analytical and data skills to deep dive on a myriad of fraud activity to identify techniques to identify fraud proactively. You will be at the forefront of keeping abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the online industry to ensure AWS is leading the curve in identifying, migrating and preventing fraud attacks.
- Hands-on data analysis to identify fraud and forgery trends.
- Develop measurable benchmarks and reporting on fraud trends.
- Drive process improvements to reduce time to identify new fraud techniques, tactics and procedures, and develop supporting SOPs.
- Work with team members to articulate and prioritize feature needs for fraud detection tool sets.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience in e-commerce/on-line companies in fraud/risk control functions.
- Professional experience working on strategic and analytical projects in a related domain, such as Cyber Crime, Financial Crimes, or Financial Risk Management.
- Expert-level skills with image editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator).
- Experience coordinating fraud detection and prevention activities and training, providing advice on methods and best practices.
- Experience working with software development teams and data scientists.
- Excellent communication skills across cross functional teams in areas such as strategic planning, operations, mitigation, investigations and risk management.
- Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems logically and make rational, data driven decisions.
- Ability to deal with high level of ambiguity.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.