- 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Highly technical and analytical with 10 or more years of systems development and deployment experience with MPP Databases and distributed query engines
- Implementation and tuning experience with various frameworks in the Big Data Ecosystem such as Presto, Apache Spark, Apache Hive and Impala
- 5+ years experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS technologies that align with the new ways of managing people and rearchitecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Big Data Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with a sales leader to dive deep into a customer’s business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
The role is a unique hybrid of pre-sales expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming in the area of Big Data and Analytics.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
- In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
- Deep understanding of Apache Big Data stack such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive with a track record of being involved in these Apache Open-source projects.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Big Data related technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.