- 5+ years enterprise IT application experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing U.S. Federal Civilian Government business supporting Health Research within Federal Civilian agencies as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, HPC, and AWS CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
- Helping U.S. Federal Civilian Government organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
- Being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
The Solutions Architects on our team provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the Federal Civilian Government markets while working with a sales and business development team. They lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solution architect community. You get to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture!
As the right candidate for this role, you have experience with:
- Industry best practices for security, standards, and compliance for designing large-scale cloud computing solutions.
- Technical presentations – White board, small and large group presentations.
- Technical – Web Services development/deployment and cloud computing.
- Web site/services operations, management, and security.
Strong preference for this position to be in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington DC. Other locations in the United States will be considered. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
This job is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Up to 50% travel is required.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services.
- Experience in a technical role within a sales organization.
- Experience in Health Research for Federal Civilian government.
- Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as FedRAMP Moderate/High, HIPAA, DoD SRG, CJIS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.