- 8+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure, analytics or database architecture
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales aligned role, presenting to small and large audiences
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Exceptional communicating skills across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering background desired
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Do you bring technical foresight to design infrastructure, application, and data solutions that drive customer value? Do you take pride in your ability to communicate complex technical topics and influence decision makers?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate customer adoption. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect at AWS SMB group, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon Cloud Front) directly with our key customers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on areas as they relate to customer applications and services (e.g., AI/ML, Security, Containers, Big Data).
As a part of the role, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will also gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
This role will require domestic travel up to 30%
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a technical account strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Educate startup and SMB customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
- As a key member of AWS field teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform
- In addition to broad technical depth expertise in at least one particular domain, and/or platform: DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Serverless computing etc.
- Intermediate or advanced experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Senior leadership role at a startup or 2+ years leading technical sales at C-level
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Solution selling experience