- 7+ years software development, systems architecture, enterprise IT, and/or implementation experience.
- 3+ years domain expertise experience in aerospace or satellite solutions or 3+ years experience in AWS Cloud Technology.
- 2+ years consulting or customer facing experience, e.g. Presales, Solutions Architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
This position can be located anywhere in continental US.
Do you get excited by aerospace, space exploration, and/or satellites? If so, then we would love to talk!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and self-starter technologist to drive adoption of AWS services for aerospace and satellite solutions globally as an AWS Solutions Architect. Industry segments include launch services, human spaceflight, robotic/autonomous systems, mission control center operations, space stations, satellite constellations, ground segment (ground stations, earth stations, teleports), emergency response services, IoT solutions (smart/digital cities), geospatial imagery, broadcast communications, and various government capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new and growing team and help define and execute the worldwide business development and partner strategy.
As a Solutions Architect focused on Aerospace and Satellite Solutions customers and partners within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to accelerate broad use of Amazon's cloud computing services across the aerospace and satellite market. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with Aerospace and Satellite Solutions customer/partners; support the development of technical blueprints, architectures, and quick start templates to help accelerate solution development; enable prototype and pilot projects development in concert with business development discussions; coordinate new feature requests with AWS service teams; and assist technically in projects owned by customers/partners.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in space domain expertise, software architecture, systems design, and cloud/distributed computing as well as strong business/customer facing skills. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements.
- Ideation of new managed services streams and unique solutions that positions AWS as a lead provider.
- Assist solution providers with technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
- Hands on responsibilities: PoCs execution, solution development (testing, documentation, training), device certification (if required).
- Write reference architectures and configuration guides, develop courses, and trainings.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
- Share partner and customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge for deploying, running, and managing solutions on AWS with AWS communities.
- Contribute to AWS’ strategy and understanding of the market orchestrate internal teams to provide solution and new revenue streams.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300-$160,000, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus, clearance bonus, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
- 5+ years experience in the aerospace or satellite Industry.
- Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security (NIST 800-53, NIST-800-171, FedRAMP, DoD CC SRG.).
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
For all jobs located within the city limits of San Francisco, the job posting must also include the SF tagline listed below. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
For all jobs located within the city limits of Los Angeles, the job posting must also include the LA tagline listed below. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.